Quick and easy recipe for meatballs. Perfect choice for a weekday dinner.
Total Servings: 8-10 meatballs
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Ingredients 1 pound ground beef 1 large egg ¼ cup old-fashioned oats 2 tbsp fresh or dried parsley 1 tbsp dried oregano 1 tbsp dried thyme 1 ½ tsp onion powder 1 ½ tsp salt 1 garlic clove 1 (650 ml) jar of marinara sauce of your choice (I like Florentine spinach and cheese one) Spaghetti Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
- In a bowl combine beef, egg, oats, parsley, oregano, thyme, onion powder, salt, garlic. The mixture should be smooth.
- From the above mixture form meatballs. They should be about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place the meatballs on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Transfer the meatballs to an oven-safe baking dish and pour marinara over them to cover.
- Put them back to the oven for another 5-8 mins to heat and thicken the sauce.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with spaghetti.