This main-course salad is a light and very refreshing choice. It is perfect for the warm day. However, nothing wrong with making it your lunch choice on a cold day as today. Or is it just me being pregnant? 😉
I really enjoy this salad. It is a combination of fruit, protein, dairy and something crunchy. Healthy, light and yummy. Give it a try and let me know what do you think!
Total Servings: 4
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 45 min
2 cups chopped cooked boneless skinless chicken (about 1 large breast)
1 ½ cup red grapes, halved
1 peach, cut in chunks
2 ribs celery, chopped
4 rounds iceberg lettuce (about 1 head), chopped
1 cup walnuts, chopped
½ cup feta cheese
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1 cup whole yogurt
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup olive oil, divided
8 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
½ teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Line aluminium foil on baking tin and place chicken breast on it. Use enough foil to cover chicken later on. Do not cover chicken.
- Cook chicken breast for 30 mins. Half way through cover chicken with the aluminium foil. This will prevent chicken from drying. It will keep it moist.
- Meantime, in a small bowl, stir together yogurt, garlic, parsley, ¼ cup of the oil, 2 teaspoon of the lemon juice and salt.
- In large bowl, toss together chopped celery, iceberg lettuce, peach, chicken, grapes and remaining oil. Add the rest of lemon juice to coat.
- Add yogurt mixture to the large bowl and mix all ingredients together.
- Serve chilled.