Snowy days call for a soup! This creamy, healthy and vegetarian soup that blends the flavors of butternut squash and sweet potato will warm you up on these cooler days. Cold season is all about the delicious and comfort food, including fall soups.
I love this soup not only because it is so yummy but also because I feel so good about myself while eating such a healthy meal. And this meal is definitely filled with lots of good nutrition for us and that is a big bonus.
The trick in this soup is roasted vegetables. They bring a wonderful flavor to the soup.
Total Servings: 4
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
Ingredients 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed 1 onion, chopped 3 gloves of garlic, smashed 3 tablespoon olive oil ½ teaspoon salt, divided ¼ teaspoon pepper 1 tablespoon unsalted butter 1 apple, peeled and chopped (Granny Smith or McIntosh) 1 package (900 ml) low sodium vegetable broth 1/3 cup 35% cream 2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 400 F (205 C).
2. In large bowl, mix together squash, sweet potato, onion, garlic, olive oil, ½ tsp of salt and pepper until well coated.
3. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and put your vegetable mixture on it. Bake until vegetables are tender, about 30 mins. Flip half way through.
while, in the large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Cook apple until soft, about 7 mins. Make sure you stir apple often.
5. Once vegetables finished baking, add them to your pot with apple.
6. Pour in broth and bring it to boil.
7. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for about 7-10 mins. Remove from heat.
8. Add cream and lemon juice.
9. In batches, blend it until smooth.
10. Serve warm.
11. You can add croutons, parsley and a touch of Parmesan cheese on top.