Is this already Sunday? But it feels like the weekend has just started. How about some sweet and full of nutrition breakfast for this lovely Sunday morning? I am already in. And our Sunday is all about fun, colorful and boosted with some healthy stuff pancakes. We are committed to make this day count!
Total Servings: 10-12 pancakes
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time : 20 mins
Ingredients: Pancakes 2 small bananas (about 1 cup mashed) 2 large eggs 1 cup whole wheat flour 1 cup kefir or whole milk ( I use vanilla kefir) 1 cup spinach (frozen) 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Butter or canola oil Flax Chocolate Sauce 1 cup of whole milk 2 tablespoon raw cacao 1 tablespoon flaxseed 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix all ingredients together in the blender.
- Blend on high until well combined, about 1 min.
- On a medium heat warm cast iron or non-stick skillet and coat with butter (or oil).
- Pour small rounds of butter onto the hot skillet and let cook until bubbles form on the surface and the surface is mostly set, about 2-3 mins. Flip and cook for additional 1-2 mins, until fully cooked.
- While cooking the rest of butter, keep the finished pancakes warm in 275 F (135 C) degree oven if desired.
- For Flax Chocolate Sauce: Blend all ingredients together. Set the sauce aside to let it thicken up.