Wondering how to give your baby kale? I have a great and tasty solution. My son doesn’t like eggs, I also wanted to give him kale. I was looking for recipe that I can supplement him with eggs and make a healthy dish overall. He loves this one and I do too! Give it a try, you won’t regret it – kale and sweet potato in yummy frittata. Mmmm…
Healthy, delicious and easy to make recipe right for you.
It can be serve as a breakfast or during lunch with chicken salad or some other side dish.
Total Servings: 4-6
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Ingredients 10 eggs 3/4 teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon pepper 3 tablespoon water 1 small sweet potato, peeled and sliced 2 cups packed kale, torn 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled 2 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 F (205 C).
2. In large bowl, whisk eggs with salt, pepper and 3 tbsp water. Set aside.
3. Peel and slice sweet potato crosswise into 1/4 –inch thick. Make 2 cups.
4. In ovenproof skillet pan, heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil over medium heat. Cook sweet potato flipping sides until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer to plate.
5. Add remaining oil to skillet. Cook kale stirring occasionally until wilted, about 2-8 mins, depending whether using fresh or frozen kale.
6. Return sweet potato to the skillet. Stir to combine.
7. Pour in egg mixture.
8. Add ½ cup of feta cheese. Stir to combine.
9. Cook until edge starts to pull away from skillet, about 4-5 mins. Run spatula along edge to let egg mixture flow underneath.
10. Sprinkle in remaining feta.
11. Bake at 400 F for about 8 mins or until light golden and set.
12. Broil for 1 min.